Wednesday, March 16, 2011

who says you're not beautiful.

i remember picture day vividly in 6th grade. i had a "palate buster" in my mouth, in preparation for braces. we had cranked that thing every night until i had tears in my eyes. i must have been extremely ornery the night before pictures because my mom cranked that thing like she had never cranked before. i woke up screaming. i looked like roger rabbit. you could fit 1 quarter and 2 nickles in between my two front teeth. add that beautiful gap to a tony hawk hair cut, coke bottle glasses, and freckles and well, you have one hot mess. i was never what anyone would say was "beautiful". i never felt beautiful. i have always struggled with my weight. yo-yo dieting since i was probably 13. my self image, well, lets just cut to the chase, it sucks....

but now? i have two little girls. two little girls that are beautiful. their souls shine brighter than the sun. they have these personalities that amaze me. i don't ever want my girls to ever grow up and base their day on whether they like what the scale says or what their hair looks like. i want them to go out and rock this world, whether their hair is straight and fine or rockin' the fro. i want them to have all the self esteem that their mama is lacking. i know "punk" and "bam" will rule the world one day...

i saw this video today want to play this song every day for my girls (and it might just help me too)



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment